Humane Society of the Treasure Coast
CUSTOMER SERVICE/DOG KENNEL TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: Adoptions Manager
SCOPE OF POSITION: Full-Time. Off on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets customers.
- Interviews, gathers information and counsels a variety of customers (potential adopters, animal intake cases, stray returns, others) under many different circumstances to assure appropriate animal placement and handling.
- Evaluates situations based on information provided, uses guidelines and makes decisions. Raises challenges to management as needed.
- Inputs all required information into PetPoint while making/maintaining detailed notes regarding the owner/animal.
- Administers the scheduling and payment of spay/neuter/microchip program. Handles financial transactions for HSTC services to include donations.
- Prepares required documentation for all applicable HSTC services as required.
- Fields a variety of inquiries via incoming phone calls and from customers and relays to appropriate department.
- Assists with animal handling for intake or adoptions.
- Maintains housekeeping for the lobby and receiving area.
- Greets visitors and potential adopters.
- Introduces eligible adopters to animals.
- Answers questions about HSTC policies and procedures and the animals in the shelters’ care.
- Counsels adopters to assure appropriate animal placement.
- Disseminates animal care information to visitors and adopters.
- Provides that all animals nutrition, housing and basic needs are met as directed. Involved in ongoing education in the field of animal care and customer service.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and sanitary facility and provides humane handling and care for all shelter animals.
- Assures animals receive proper food and water and that all dishes are sanitary. Continually inspects adoption areas and spot cleans cages and runs when needed. Restocking shelter or office supplies and needed.
- Performs other duties assigned or as the situation dictates.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possesses computer skills, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel. Prior knowledge of PetPoint computer system preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, good grammar, and spelling competency.
- Must have the ability to communicate with a variety of people and work independently.
Knowledge of the following and experience in these areas would be a plus but is not a required qualification: Prior customer service experience and knowledge of animals preferred.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees and is not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
The Humane Society of the Treasure Coast, Inc. retains the right to change this job description at any time.
TO APPLY: Please visit our main shelter at 4100 SW Leighton Farm Ave. Palm City, FL. 34990 to fill out an application. Send resumes to email@example.com.