Our strategies and capacities for providing and improving our service to the community and animals of the Treasure Coast are:
1. Low cost spay/neuter programs
- Plan for the AniMobile to be on the road more days in the future so it can serve more people in our community and their animals.
Strategy & Capacity: We will persue more grants to cover staff and supplies to accomodate an increase in scheduling.
- We would like to provide more vouchers for the community and their animals.
Strategy & Capacity: Take positive steps to inform more people of the availability of the voucher program. Create a synergy in communication such as our website, quarterly newsletter, community events and social media tools detailing this program.
2. Humane sheltering for lost, abandoned and neglected pets
- We will seek out additional opportunities for volunteers to provide an enriched social environment for sheltered animals.
Strategy & Capacity: We will recruit and train more volunteers. There will be additional costs for the organization to increase its volunteer base.
- We will continue to seek foster families to provide animals in need with out-of-the-shelter care.
Strategy & Capacity: We will include the need for foster families on the website, in our quarterly newsletter, Wagging Tales, press releases, email blasts and social media outlets. There will be no additional costs for the organization to increase its communications in this area.
3. Return of lost pets to families
- We will attempt to improve our return to owner rate.
Strategy & Capacity: Provide additional training for our Customer Service staff. Increase the number of ways people can access the lost & found information. The organization will seek out experts in this area of expertise that are willing to donate their time, therefore there will be no additional cost for the organization.
4. Adoption services
- We will improve our adoption services.
Strategy & Capacity: Provide additional training for our Adoption Counselor staff. The organization will seek out experts in this area of expertise that are willing to donate their time, therefore there will be no additional cost for the organization.
5. Humane Education
- We will improve our humane education.
Strategy & Capacity: Seek out grants to expand our services.
6. Pet Therapy services
- We will improve our Pet Therapy services.
Strategy & Capacity: Seek more partnerships and ways to serve the community. The organization will utilize current staff members and task the Board of Directors and volunteers to help us expand our services to the community.
7. Human-animal bond
- We will strengthen the human-animal bond.
Strategy & Capacity: Seek out partnerships that will provide additional opportunities for people to interact positively with animals.
8. Disaster preparedness
- We will improve our communication regarding our ability to serve the community and their pets.
Strategy & Capacity: Provide print material at community events and at various business locations as well as output helpful information using our traditional and social media outlets. We will also work with Martin County Emergency Operation Center so that our information can be distributed to the public.