1. Can I afford the cost of annual vaccines and medications for my pet?
2. Which breed would be best for my lifestyle and living arrangements?
3. How much exercise will my new pet need?
4. Are there any limitations on pets where you live?
5. How much care will my new pet require?
6. What size pet should I adopt?
7. How much time will I have to invest in training my pet?
8. Should I adopt a puppy/kitten or a senior pet?
9. Who will care for my pet while I'm away on vacation?
Once you have narrowed your search, come and meet with one of our Adoption Counselors at the Humane Society of the Treasure Coast or at one of our off-site adoption locations. (You must be 18 years of age to adopt an animal from HSTC. If you are under the age of 18, you must be accompanied by an adult to visit the shelter). You will then go through an interview process when all of your adoption options are discussed. HSTC makes every effort to make the best pet match with your family.
For details on our adoption package, please click here.
If you would like to preview the pets we have for adoption prior to your visit, please click here.
For more details about our Senior Adoption Program, please contact an Adoption Counselor today at 223-8822.
Thank you to the following Adoption program sponsors:
Keith and Lauren Carroll, Rick Carroll Insurance
Lisa Hemann, Loanwise
Bob and Frances Keating, Donors
Steve Martine, Photographer
Chris Clifford, Willoughby Realty
Jennifer Sampson, Photographer
Juan Garcia, Donor
Jason McLaverty and Caitlin Russell,Tropical ChemDry
Adelaide E. Brady, Donor